Wednesday 16 November 2011

Volcano - Noise Effect and Cloning

After I'd textured my volcano, I decided that I wanted to add a 'Noise' effect, like I had on the lava, to make the volcano look more sharp and rough, especially at the top as I felt it was too flat. 



To add noise, I selected the volcano and then went to the 'Modifier List' and chose 'Noise from the drop down menu. 


I played around with some of the settings until I got my desired effect. For example, I altered the noise 'Scale' which pointed some of the edges and made them slightly obscure, and changed the 'Strengths' of some of the axis's so that they weren't all the same. 

This is what the volcano now looks like with the noise effect added:



Now that my volcano was complete. I needed to clone it so I could put it on top of the over mountain. To do this, I used the short cut 'ctrl' + 'c' to clone the image, and then 'ctrl' + 'v' to paste the image. When I did this, the 'Clone' window came up.



For this, I selected the 'Clone' option and named the new volcano 'Volcano002'. 

Once I had cloned my volcano, I now had to position it. I did this by using the 'Move' tool and using the axis's to position it on top of the mountain like I had done previously. 

Additionally, I wanted to alter the new volcano slightly so it wasn't exactly the same as the other. I used the 'Scale' tool and selected all the axis's to make them all equally smaller. I also adjusted them all individually to an extent, so that it was slightly thinner and not as circular. 

I also adjusted the 'Noise' effect a tiny bit too. I changed the 'Scale' of the noise so that the top wasn't as pointed as the other one.




No comments:

Post a Comment