Sunday 11 December 2011

Adding More Volcanoes

I decided to add a few more volcanoes into the scene to build up the surroundings a bit. I felt that the sides were looking a bit bare and this wouldn't occur in a real setting as you would be able to see in the distance and so on. Also, there was some empty space around my lava plane, and between my sky dome. I needed to make sure this was filled because I didn't want it to be seen in the final animation. 


I simply cloned one of the volcanoes in the scene and positioned them around the lava plane accordingly. I made sure that they were all different slightly by adjusting their scale, making some slightly taller and others wider.


By the time I'd finished, I had volcanoes going all the way around the plane. However, some of these I used to create more of a mountainous feel instead. For example, some of the volcanoes I made sure were positioned more outside the sky dome so you could only see the side, which made them look more like mountains. This worked well as it built up the scenery more without making the volcanoes look over done.


No comments:

Post a Comment