Saturday 10 December 2011

Texturing My Headhunter Part 3 - Nose


Once I'd imported the nose UV into Photoshop, I again added the metal texture so that it matched. 

I didn't want to add much detail at all to the nose because I felt it wasn't really necessary on such a small section of the model. Because of this I simply added two boxes at two ends of the image.

At the top, I created a thick box that stretched across the image. I filled this quite a darkish shade of red that stood out. This would be for the very tip of the nose. I felt that this colour made it look more deadly and fierce, being on such a pointed edge. 

At the bottom, I created another box which wasn't quite as thick as the previous one. I filled this one black because I wanted the join between the body and the nose to stand out, so making it a different colour would do this yet it still suited the model as I'd used black lines on the front body. 

Here is what the final texture looks like:


Here is what the texture looks like on the model:


No comments:

Post a Comment