Tuesday 13 December 2011

Filming - Shot 5 (Underneath Headhunter)

For my next shot I wanted to shoot the entrance of the Headhunter from a different angle. I decided that I would create a shot of the underneath of the ship. I would have the camera looking into the distance and then it would look up to see the ship and follow it underneath until it flies out of shot. 


On the first key frame on the timeline I positioned the camera facing forwards. I then made it move up, using the 'Rotate' tool to change the position it was filming. At the same rate as moving the camera's focus point, I continued to move the ship forwards too. Towards the end of the timeline I made sure to move the ship far enough forward so that it moved out of shot almost, leaving just the small engine cylinders in view. 

Once I'd finished the animation of this clip, I rendered it by going to the 'Render Setup' window. I chose the correct settings for the animation and rendered the scene. 

Here is what the final clip looks like:


As you can see the very first bit of the clip is a bit shuddery. I thought to save time re-rendering the video, I would just cut this bit out of the final piece in Premier. I would keep the part just before the ship enters, so as the camera looks up. The scene happens quite quick anyway so it looks ok happening at this speed. I did think about slowing the scene down, but then I thought this would have a negative effect on the ship and make it look too slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment