Saturday 10 December 2011

Texturing My Headhunter Part 1 - The Wings


Once I'd imported the Wing UV map into Photoshop, I made sure to import the metal texture I had previously found too.

I overlayed the image onto the UV map, on a new layer. I then played around with some of the effects in Photoshop as I ideally wanted the texture to be more of a greyish colour, rather than a slight brown. To do this, I adjusted the 'saturation' of the image and played around with the 'contrast' and the tonal shades within it, until I'd reached my desired colour. 

Here is how the final texture looked:


I decided not to add anymore detail to the wings other than the texture, as I wanted to keep this part of the ship quite plain because wings don't usually tend to have much detail on them in comparison to the rest of the ship. 

Here is what the model looked like with the texture on:


No comments:

Post a Comment