Wednesday 14 December 2011

Filming - Shot 11 (Ships Meet)

My last shot was of the two ships, the Headhunter and the Tie Fighter, finally coming together in the scene. 

I started by positioning a 'Free' camera just in front of the volcanoes that was looking straight forward  and slightly tilted up. I made sure that both the ships started mostly out of shot so they would both fly into the shot at the same time. 


On the timeline I created some key frames of both the ships gradually flying on to the screen using the 'Move' and 'Rotate' tools once again.


Towards the end of the shot I also made some key frames of the ships wobbling slightly by using the 'Rotate' tool. This was just to make them look like they were hovering rather than coming to a completely stand still.

Here is what the clip looks like:


I was reasonably happy with this shot. I felt it did go on too much towards the end though so it became quite boring. I decided I would just cut it slightly in Premiere though just to save a bit of time re-rendering the shot. 

Additionally, if I had've shot the scene again I would've added extra lighting. The sides of the Tie Fighter are completely black due to no light shining on them. This is because I had only used omni light on the bottom and top of the sky dome, so no light was coming from the sides. I could've added a spotlight perhaps just to the sides of the Fighter so you could see the detail of the side wings rather than them being completely black. A spotlight would've been good here because I only wanted it to focus on the fighter and not anywhere else on the scene as it would've looked strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment