Tuesday 13 December 2011

Filming - Shot 4 (Intro of Headhunter)

Now that I had several shots of the scenery, I thought it was time to introduce a one of my ships! I thought I would introduce the Headhunter first, for no reason in particular. 

My idea for this shot was to first have the camera looking down towards the rock just below the volcano. This part of the scene was featured in the end shot in the previous clip I filmed, which is why I decided to use it in the shot. The camera would then quickly look up towards the sky and the headhunter would make its entrance gradually into the scene. 


For the first frame on the timeline I had the camera positioned down to the rock. I then added another frame in further along the timeline where the camera moved itself up to face the sky. I used the 'Rotate' tool for this. I then created more frames gradually along the timeline which slowly introduced the Headhunter into the scene. I used the 'Move' tool to slowly move the ship in each frame. 

Once I'd finished animating, I rendered the clip in the same way I had before by going to the 'Render Setup' window and selecting the right settings according to my timeline.

Here is what the final clip looked like:


I was happy with this clip as it shows a good view of the lava. The camera also moves at a very steady, smooth pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment