Sunday 11 December 2011

Importing My Ships

Now that my models were completely textured, I wanted to import them all into one file. I decided to import them into the file I had been using to create my volcanic scenery.

Before I imported both the ships, I wanted to group all the components in each together first. This was to avoid altering the ship in the final file when moving them around for animation. 

To group the objects together I simply made sure all the components were selected. I then went to the menu at the top and clicked on 'Group' then the 'Group' option.


My objects were now all grouped together into one.

I was now ready to import the ships into the Volcano file. To do this, I clicked on the 3ds Max icon in the top left hand corner. I then clicked on 'Import' and then 'Merge', and selected the appropriate file.


I had now imported my ships successfully. 


I did have to resize both ships slightly as they were rather small in comparison to the volcanic scenery I'd made. I simply used the 'Scale' tool at the top to adjust them accordingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment